For product management roles, a combination of four main pillar skills is required: Soft skills, Business acumen, Domain knowledge, Technical skills.
Soft Skills are important because product management is a leadership position and also a position where you have to coordinate and mediate between many different stakeholders, often with conflicting incentives and goals. “When you’re a product manager, you’re generally not the boss. You need to gain authority through your actions and your leadership skills, not your role.” – Ken Norton
Business Acumen is obviously critical because a Product manager is responsible for his/her products from a business perspective, ultimately making sure they are profitable. That requires dealing with many business issues such us creating and discussing business cases, define costing and pricing, define marketing and go-to-market approach and support sales all the way from lead generation to contract signature and delivery.
Domain knowledge is important because the Product manager must know the industry, the customer ecosystems and the trends that shape the market.
Last but not least, Technical skills are also very important because Zenterio products are highly technological. A Product Manager must understand the company technology at a good level to be able to easily and fruitfully interface with, and challenge, the development and technical organizations both within the company, and also at customers or partners in order to successfully lead the technical strategy of the product.
- Own the complete product lifecycle of one (or more) Zenterio products, from idea inception, to strategy definition, funding and development kick-off, execution and delivery to lead customers. And then also support&maintenance and eventually end of life.
- Develop and maintain a clear roadmap for the product, in the context of the product portfolio and the company strategy
- Product marketing activities such as market analysis, competitive research, developing propositions. Work closely with Marketing department on product collaterals and activities such as product promotion, product launch, exhibitions, thought leadership through articles and white papers
- Writing requirements and support development, for product and also for customer projects, aiming at maximum reusability and minimum deviation of customer solutions from product.
- Maintain an accurate and reliable view on product status in terms of technical features, product releases, plans and issues. This includes working with technical writers and engineers to ensure the technical documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage demos: demo room at Zenterio premises, demos to customers and exhibitions such as IBC.
- Assess the impact of new technologies and market trends on Zenterio products, and perform technical and business evaluation of competitor and potential partner products, in collaboration with Sales, Solution Management and technical experts in Operations.
Why do you want to work with us? If you want to influence the viewing experience of millions of users around the world this is the right place! You get to enter a company with a high spirit, with the best and brightest technical experts. Zenterio combines the benefit of being small enough that a good idea can be implemented quickly, and big enough to be able to achieve great things! Coworkers will welcome you, doors are always open for answering questions and having discussions.
Ready to act? If you are interested in applying for this role, do not wait to submit your application, we review applications continuously!
What is Zenterio?
Join our family Apply here!
Our Core Values
Those who enjoy what we do, do it better. Having fun at work breathes life into the company, fills every day with value and encourages people to try new things.
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do, it is the stepping-stone to the future of television and it is what allows us to continuously improve.
Everyone who works for and with Zenterio deserves equal respect.
We are responsible for our own actions and any way that they influence the lives of our customers and fellow workers.
We always strive to be as efficient and as effective as possible in everything we do. We believe in timely delivery, in making the most out of the resources given and providing the best value for the money.